[MPlayer-users] bug-report

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Feb 8 17:43:03 CET 2002

Hi,

> Mplayer is simply the best movie player for linux!!
>
> However I have 2 problems.
>
> First problem:
> I would like to make an mp3 song from a dvd (or .vob files).
> I started with "mplayer -vo null -hardframedrop -ao pcm filename" and well it
> seems that my computer sleeps (it took some minutes to do 1 frame).
> Effectively when I send Ctrl-C to the app, it says "interrupted by signal 2
> in module: sleep". I've tried without "-hardframedrop" but it's the same...
> I've tried with mplayer 0.50, 0.60 and CVS-020205-06:00-2.95.3.

-ao pcm never worked....

2 possible workaround:
1. mplayer -dumpaudio ...
you'll get AC3 file, you can pipe it through ac3dec, sox and any mp3 encoder

2. mencoder -ovc frameno ...
you'll get an audio-only AVI file. it sounds nonsense, but you can extract
the pcm/mp3 audio track with mplayer -dumpaudio

> Second problem:
> I have a musical dvd. I found that under Windows all the same songs are
> played 1 semitone up. The same thing with a divx movie created with mplayer.
> Under Linux, also aviplay plays it 1 semitone below...
> It's not an mplayer problem, right?
sounds like a soundcard driver problem.
maybe try resampling plugon or -srate options...
and next time include mplayer -v log...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
"I don't RTFM? Wow. What's the meaning of this? It's new for me."
	-- Martin Baum, a tipical MPlayer user...