[MPlayer-users] some problems with the DVD using the GUI,and some few requests.

Albino_Antonio Riganello riganell at CS.UniBO.IT
Fri Feb 8 10:51:03 CET 2002

Using the gui:
Mplayer losts contrast,brightness,hue end saturation regulations (I have
used XV output) when I change to another chapter.
I use a Radeon with Xfree 4.2 and gatos but I suppose isn't an hw/driver
problem.
moreover would be useful the ability to pass the above regulations at
command line :) , or setting them in the config file,as if I set them with
"xvattr" ,mplayer resets them and I have to change them with mplayer
controlling keys.

Another problem is aspect ratio (autodetected, not passed at command
line) which is correct only passing at full screen , the same happens
with .vob files .

Fullscreen enabled with the -fs switch will not work together with -gui ,
but I can change pressing 'f'.

another thing is that there is no possibility to disable subtitles once
you have enabled them,there is no voice 'none' in the menu!

Using the same dvd but ripped on an HD will not work if I try to change
(on the fly) a chapter ,the language or a subtitle.

Mplayer outputs:
File non trovato: '/dev/dvd'
in english : File non trovato = File not found

essentially it plays (well:) the files on the HD but when I try to use the
"dvd" features through the gui, mplayers searchs for the device /dev/dvd

DVDs are multichannels and multi channel audio works well but
another lack is the possibility to change volume using -cannels 6
parameter, controlling the volume with mplayer isn't useful as it acts
only on the two frontal channels but don't act on central,rear and sub
channels,

HW decoding using emu10k modules from creative on my SBLive! 5.1 don't
work for me, as reported in the docs ,so it's ok :)

I'll use newer command line option when they will be avaible in the docs
or I'll read on mplayer-users ;)

                                                       Albino Riganello
                                                   riganell at cs.unibo.it
                                      http://www.cs.unibo.it/~riganell/