[MPlayer-users] radeon tv out

Erik Grinaker erikg at wired-networks.net
Thu Feb 7 22:01:16 CET 2002

I'm sure you guys are pretty sick and tired of people asking about
radeon tv out support, but I'm pretty sick and tired of playing around
with obscure framebuffer-drivers, modeline calculations and god knows
what. So, I thought I might as well ask...

Has anyone gotten radeon video out working nicely, and how?

Here's a very narrowed-down list of what I've tried ;

- vesa : segfaults
- vesa:vidix : segfaults (not surprisingly), but detects radeon
- radeonfb; plays movie, but on crt port, not tv out (use fbset? how?)
- vesa:lvo:/dev/radeon_vid : segfaults
- mga:/dev/radeon_vid ; untried - should this work?
- svgalib: won't switch to right mode

I have not tried XFree, but I'm trying to get this to work on a server
I've got at home (160 gigs of movies), and XFree security is not exactly
nice. I could always get another box for this, but would rather not.

i'm getting pretty frustrated here, so help would be appreciated. I've
read through everything in the docs, mailing list archives and other
places on the web, but found nothing that got it working.

--

Erik Grinaker
UNIX/Linux systems consultant

"Perfection is acheived not when there is nothing more to add, but
rather when there is nothing more to take away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry