[MPlayer-users] RE: Re: black screen with ffmpeg + sdl

rpolach at atlas.cz rpolach at atlas.cz
Thu Feb 7 15:09:02 CET 2002

> > It seems to be problem of sdl, not mplayer,
> > because even xine and xmms-avi/avifile has this
> > black screen...
> > Has anybody the same problem with SDL? (1.2.2, mandrake's 8.1 default)
> > or using the same and have no problems?
> I had it, too - but with SDL-1.1.8 (Mdk80) and only when playing mpgs.
> Now it's solved (try using -vo x11 or -vo xv).
> I don't remember what I exactly did (for sure I've now installed X 4.2.0
> and gcc-3.0.3 ... maybe I upgraded something else but don't remember).
>
> It wasn't related to gcc-the_buggy_version ... Maybe mdk patched it...
>
> BYtE,
>  Diego.

For me, mdk 8.0 was ok, in mdk 8.1 even if I upgrade sdl - not.
btw. my mpgs are ok, avis not (only with win32 codecs are they ok)
- so I do not use sdl yet..
xv is broken for me.. X? grrr..
-vo x11 have problems with switching to right modeline (I am going to
fill bugreport in future;)

so now I use xvidix and I am happy - almost:)

Roman