[MPlayer-users] DIRECT RENDERING WITH VIDIX

Brian J. Murrell 41c817f0066308d19ffdfcd4ea41a6e8 at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Feb 6 08:03:02 CET 2002

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 09:52:15PM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:
> Hello, Brian!

Hi Nick,

> Using vesa:vidix

OK, even using vesa:vidix, I still see significant judder.  I don't
think I have seen a tear yet but I can't understand why so juddery
still.  My monitor (and therefor my TV I hope) is set at a vertical
refresh of 59.9Hz according to the monitor's "OSD".  It only has one
decimal of resolution so I don't know if it's 59.90 or 59.94 though.

> For PCI Radeons "AGP 4x" is meaningless imho - so it's probably bug of Xfree86.

Well, I am wondering if whatever the results of specifying "AGP 4x"
(or something very equivilent -- I forget exactly what the phrase was
in the XF86Config-4 file) to XFree86 in terms of setting registers on
the card, etc. is being done in the frame buffer driver as well which
is causing it to hang my box.  The symptoms of the XFree86 hanging and
the framebuffer were absolutely identical until I got rid of the AGP
phrase in the XFree86 config file.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell