[MPlayer-users] divx+ogg vorbis

Pavel Rybin pr254 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 5 00:42:02 CET 2002

Ok, divx-bandits.avi is NOT an AVI with an ogg stream, it's an ogg stream
with divx video embedded into it. Mplayer can't play them yet (see my earlier
post). This is the only movie I've seen that's using this format; the format
appears to be open (it's Ogg!), so adding support for it in mplayer shouldn't
be hard.

PS The only reason it works on windows is because of that oggdec.exe thingy
that you installed. It is not part of the official ogg vorbis distribution, I
suspect it's just a hack that someone at vite (the warez group) made.

Pav