[MPlayer-users] fulscreen...

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Mon Feb 4 21:08:01 CET 2002

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:25:14 +0100
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> I second that notion.  I would love to be able to switch to fullscreen
> with the commandline version of mplayer.  Then I would not need the
> gui anymore.  Will this get implemented in the future?

No, there are technical problems:
1)getting screen resolution (at the moment got by a hack if
X is running or -screenh, -screenw)
2)black borders: would require to write into the memory range of the
console -> not a good idea

I (and also the developers) suggest that you run xmga instead
(it has the same speed as it uses the same technique for mem access)

		Attila Kinali

--
I am a moslem, i am a terrorist.