[MPlayer-users] DivX embeded in Ogg

Pavel Rybin pr254 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 17:52:01 CET 2002

Hi!
I've recently run across this new directshow-embeded-inside-ogg thingy. Seems
to be an alternative to the AVI file format, and perhaps even a quite good
one, as (IIRC) ogg audio samples have time-stamps, so many desyncing problems
would automagically go away. I tried running MPlayer on it, and it informed
me (rightly so) that the file was not an AVI, AS or MPEG stream. Any chance
that this will be supported in MPlayer any time soon?

Pav

P.S. I've uploaded a sample file to the ftp.