[MPlayer-users] split, crop in mencoder (modific BUTT UGLY)

Pásztor Szilárd silicon at falcon.sch.bme.hu
Sun Feb 3 22:12:01 CET 2002

huhu

  I've implemented crop and split for mencoder the ugliest possible way.

THIS IS NOT A PATCH!!!, don't expect it to be integrated into mencoder as
is, it's a very lousy implementation. But I could do it fast and it *works*,
it will do the job until these features are officially implemented.

Originally I did it for my own needs but in case anyone else would need it
or have fun with it, I've put it up for download.

Get it from: http://rc.bke.hu/mencoder-modific.tar.bz2

It's made from the 2001-01-28 cvs snapshot (I think), and modified only to
put these things into mencoder, its mplayer might not even work.

DO NOT SEND BUGREPORTS ABOUT THIS SOURCE.

Some options are changed, some are new. Here's the way it works (commandline
parameters):

-sw <SCALE_TO_X>: image width after scaling (same as old -x)
-sh <SCALE_TO_Y>: image height after scaling (same as old -y)
-x0 <CROP_X>    : upper-left corner of rectangle to be cut out (x)
-y0 <CROP_Y>    : upper-left corner of rectangle to be cut out (y)
-xsize <CROP_W> : width of rectangle to be cropped out
-ysize <CROP_H> : height of rectangle to be cropped out

The scaling is done BEFORE cropping. REQUIRES postprocess to work (any type).

example: mencoder [your options] -sw 720 -sh 405 -x0 10 -y0 50 -xsize 704 \
         -ysize 304 -pp 0x10000 -o wank.avi wank.vob

Scales image to 720*405 (16:9) and crops the rectangle starting from (10,50)
with size 704*304 (go for multiples of 8).

Splitting is simpler: the -ss <xx:yy:zz> option works for mencoder just like
for mplayer. This way you can use -oac copy -ovc copy -ss 1:10:00 to copy
the 2nd cd starting from 1hr 10mins. First cd is made by -frames.

have fun
surmoka