[MPlayer-users] Xine

YUFUFI yufufi at ttnet.net.tr
Sat Feb 2 22:36:01 CET 2002

I was watching a divx movie (with mplayer! IT WORKS) but I think I
should write some reply first.

First of all I tried to upgrade gcc 3 but there was a dependency
problem. rpmlib(PartialHardlinkSets).. Noone knows about it!. I tried
all of the newsgroups, mailing lists and no cure? So then i tried gcc3
(not gcc 3) which also comes with redhat. Then it didn't worked again ,
after a little research it worked with -vo x11. (can't play dvds but i
think I can solve it)

I installed 7 or more times redhat this week. It is no problem. I can do
that again and again.

Linux needs a lot of time to learn how it works

I think windoz needs much more..

-- Gabucino

This very funny. Why do u say that? None of 0S' is perfect! If you're
stuck in windows all you have to do is pressing "F1". It will help you.
In linux??

my windows never crashed because I power off the machine. This week
there was an electricity problem (I am from Turkey!) and linux crashed!
I have to reinstall it..

At school they want us to do our projects at linux! I am not sure why?
Now I'm using linux and I don't why? I think(at the moment) linux should
stay as a server.

>>I think I should return to winxp, powerdvd, borland c++ builder instead
>>of linux, xine(mplayer), gtk..
>>

>If you wish so, there is noone holding you back. Linux needs a lot of time
>to learn how it works (other unixes do need even more, especialy the comercial
>ones) it looks for me like you didnt take this time.
>First lesson you have to learn: THERE IS DOCUMENTATION OUT THERE, READ IT!

Why should I read it instead of using powerdvd? Why do you do that? Why
people develop for linux? I have lots of question about it.

Anyway I think I should return to my movie..

Sincerely,

Furkan

To The Developers: Thanx a lot! At last I can play divx with linux..
xine killed me this  week!(sometimes plays, some of the movies; with lot
of effort) -I still wonder why u develop under linux?-