[MPlayer-users] Xine

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Feb 2 19:18:11 CET 2002

On Sat, 02 Feb 2002 15:39:12 +0200
yufufi at ttnet.net.tr (YUFUFI) wrote:

> "Mplayer compiled without libdvdread support"
> . But actually libdvd and libcss are already installed and I am using
> them with xine. So I reinstalled libdvdread recompiled Mplayer.. What
> happened? Nothing! "Ok "I said. Let's it give it a try with other video
> formats.
> Sorry, Xv not supported by this X11 version/driver.

RTFM, RTFM and again RTFM

First is surely your fault (hint: ./configure does accept several options)
Second is a driver/XF86 config problem (yes, RTFM) (hint: there are
other output modules)

> I think I should return to winxp, powerdvd, borland c++ builder instead
> of linux, xine(mplayer), gtk..

If you wish so, there is noone holding you back. Linux needs a lot of time
to learn how it works (other unixes do need even more, especialy the comercial
ones) it looks for me like you didnt take this time.
First lesson you have to learn: THERE IS DOCUMENTATION OUT THERE, READ IT!

last note: READ DOCS/bugreports.html

		Attila Kinali

--
I am a moslem, i am a terrorist.