[MPlayer-users] Re: [Mplayer-matrox] stripes in image with (x)mga and ffmpeg on G200

Alexander Werth (hrzpub) awerth at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Feb 2 14:58:01 CET 2002

Am Sam, 2002-02-02 um 12.35 schrieb Diego Biurrun:
> Of course!  I just booted into Windows again to compare and Media
> Player does not show the stripes at the same resolution - color depth
> - refresh rate combination.  If you need some more details, I will be
> glad to provide them.  No stripes also with -vo xv.  I just noticed
> that the stripes are actually parts of the image moved to the right,
> like this:

> VO: [xmga] 768x320 => 768x320 Planar YV12
> vo: X11 running at 1152x864 with depth 16 and 16 bits/pixel (":0" => local display)

I also do have these problems. They are realated to the pixelclock. Try
to reduce the screen refresh rate slightly to get rid of them. With
higher clockspeeds even xv won't show the output properly. It's also
worth noticing that for very high resolutions the windows driver uses a
lot cpu power even so it should be independent from the window size.
Something funny is being done there.
Alexander Werth