[MPlayer-users] Xine

YUFUFI yufufi at ttnet.net.tr
Sat Feb 2 14:52:01 CET 2002

  Hi,
I am trying to install and use mplayer for 3 days. I have gcc-2.--, and
it is not supported by mplayer (I tried to compile with it but didn't
work). So I tried to upgrade to gcc 3.0. But there is a dependency
problem. rpmlib (PartialHardlinkSets).. And nobody knows it ?? anyway I
installed gcc3 which comes with redhat 7.2 (meanwhile I reinstalled
redhat 3 times) . I pointed gcc3 with --cc and it is compiled. Then I
tried to play a dvd. oops! "Mplayer compiled without libdvdread support"
. But actually libdvd and libcss are already installed and I am using
them with xine. So I reinstalled libdvdread recompiled Mplayer.. What
happened? Nothing! "Ok "I said. Let's it give it a try with other video
formats.
Sorry, Xv not supported by this X11 version/driver.

I think I should return to winxp, powerdvd, borland c++ builder instead
of linux, xine(mplayer), gtk..

By_the_way I can play dvd with xine, but it is very very slow.. I was
thinking of upgrading my graphics card (yes instead of using winxp)

LOL

Furkan

PS. -- = 96 (not to make developers_upset!)