[MPlayer-users] Re: [expert] NVidia will be bannished

stefan froebe werbung at frobiac.de
Sat Feb 2 12:22:01 CET 2002

On Friday 01 February 2002 09:47, you wrote:

> > "NVidia works only with Intel's motherboards (due some AGP's patents
> > limitations). So if you have non Intel's cpus and want to use their
> > products be prepare to sell your computer first".
>
> i have to comment here, that i use an asus k7v-t mobo with via chipset and
> an amd k7-800 athlon and a geforce 256 nvidia card (elsa erazor x) without
> ANY problems with the latest nvidia reference drivers, system is stone
> stable - even with 3d games (quake3, wolfenstein, ut)

I use asus k7v266 + Athlon XP 1600+ and a Geforce 2 GTS, without ANY problems whatsoever - well, small bugs come and go in blender, and there is a tiny blue line in TV-out using mplayer, but that is it.
Plus performance is top-notch in my opinion...

> so your comment is surely not valid for all cases!

In fact, three of my friends use similar combination of chipsets, and never had any problems which seems to support above statement!