[MPlayer-users] ASF again

Carsten Menke bootsy52 at gmx.net
Sat Feb 2 00:02:02 CET 2002

Andrew Holding wrote:

> This might sound really stupid but i copmpletely get why Mplayer
> doesnt want to support audio only formats (at least as a priority),
> however, how dificult is it to decode an asf streamed audio?, is it a
> minor mod to the code (i.e. just pretend theres a 1x1 black image for
> a video), or a large one.
>
> If its small surely a patch could be made since there is no program to
> play mms:// audio streams at the moment. If i'm wrong and there is
> please tell me :) and i'll go away.

Yes you're right I think, because of mms:// I have to boot into Windows,
that's the only reason I have to boot windows, only because
a favorite Radio Station choosed mms Protocol, because it is cheaper
than RealStream. OK, you could record the stream using
asfrecorder, but I haven even not found a program that can play audio
asf files, do you ? The next problem is, that I do not get asfrecorder
to pipe
the stream to STDOUT, it *as the name says* a Recorder only.

So I'm with you on this topic :-)

Carsten