[MPlayer-users] Quicktime sound distorted on DVB card

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Tue Dec 31 00:23:03 CET 2002

Hi,
I was trying to play an older Quicktime movie on my DVB card. The sound
has 22500Hz sampling frequency. When I play it under X with "-vo xv -ao
oss" the sound is not distorted at all and the movie runs without errors.
When I use the following command line, it sounds horrible...:
"mplayer -ao mpegpes -vo mpegpes -vop
expand=-1:576:-1:-1:3,scale=720:0,dvbscale /mplayer/file.mov"
Upon the above command line MPlayer resamples the frequency
automatically to 48000Hz. CPU usage on my 1600Athlon XP is never above 35%.
When I try to manually set the sampling frequency to 44100Hz or 48000Hz
  with "-aop list=resample,format:fout=44100:format=0x8" mplayer crashes
with signal 11.
All other Quicktime movies with 44100Hz play without error though they
cause a nasty hiss/screech after they stoped playing.

I'm using MPlayer 0.90rc2 with the patch for the NEWSTRUCT driver for
the DVB card applied.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

André.