[MPlayer-users] Counter resets while playing DVD

Richard Körber m-mplayer at shredzone.de
Mon Dec 30 00:39:03 CET 2002

Hi!

I have noticed that the OSD counter is sometimes reset during DVD
playback. This is also the reason for my subtitle file problem I have
posted here before, and it seems to be related to a posting made by
Joshua Rothenberg back in July [1].

This problem is really annoying me, so I have tested all my DVDs in
order to find more details about it. The results are:

  * A few DVDs don't reset the counter at all.

  * The other DVDs reset the counter just once, at about one hour
    and a couple of minutes playing time. There was never a second
    reset at some other timestamp.

  * The position of the reset is always the same at the appropriate
    DVD. It is not bound to a chapter, but is often happening between
    two movie scenes.

I have the very suspicion that the counter is always reset when the DVD
layer is changed. Can someone confirm this?

A'rpi, what do you think about it?

I'd really appreciate if someone could find a solution! Thanks!

Some facts about my system I think they might be of relevance:
  * Linux RedHat 7.2, Kernel 2.4.19, gcc3.0.4
  * I have tested MPlayer 0.90 rc1 and rc2
  * I have tried libmpdvdkit2 as well as dvdread
  * Toshiba SD-M1612 IDE DVD ROM drive
  * XFree86 V4.2.0, vo=xv

Two counter reset examples:
   * German edition (RC2) of "Contact" at 01:14:33.
   * Japanese edition (RC2) of "Sen to Chihiro" at 01:06:07.

[1] http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-July/018069.html

Regards
--
Richard Körber -- m-mplayer at shredzone.de --