[MPlayer-users] how to get centered and hw-scaled output on fbdev with correct aspect ratio?

Marcus Blomenkamp Marcus.Blomenkamp at epost.de
Sun Dec 29 19:11:02 CET 2002

Hi folks.

I've tried my best but I can't figure out how to get this working: I'm running
my framebuffer console at fixed 800x600 resolution. All I want is that the
movie gets scaled to full screen width while retaining the correct aspect
ratio. Plus the movie should be top/bottom centered. Black borders above and
below the image are optional since I can clear the console anyway. Scaling
should be done by the BES of the graka since my machine is too slow for
software-scaling. Any clues anyone?

My current attempts:

-vop expand=-1:600,scale=800:-2 -vo fbdev
        + full screen width
        + correct aspect ratio
        + position centered
        - way too slooow

-vop expand=-1:600,scale=800:-2 -vo fbdev:vidix
        + position top/bottom centered
        - wrong screen width
        - wrong aspect ratio
        - greenish picture
        - way too slooow

-fs -vo fbdev
        + position centered
        + correct aspect ratio
        - not full screen width

-fs -vo fbdev:vidix
        + full screen width
        + correct aspect ratio
        - position not centered

My system:
Celeron 466MHz, Mplayer-CVS, ATI Radeon graphics chip

Thx, Marcus