[MPlayer-users] VP4 and VP5

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 29 16:03:03 CET 2002

Hi,

> Now that MPlayer supports Windows RealPlayer-DLLs, it shouldn't be very hard
> to add support for On2's VP4/VP5-files.. You can download the RealPlayer
> VP5-plugins from On2's site http://www.on2.com, but it needs a Windows box
> with RealPlayer installed on to extract them, which I don't have access to...
>
> Anyone up to this task?

i couldn't get them work even with the windows rp 8 (in crossover) :(
(rp doesn't recognize their sample files (plugin installed ofcourse) and
tries to download codec from real.com which fails)

> As I understand it from the docs, the VP4-codecs are available through Real's
> auto-update system, so if you open a VP4-file in Realplayer in Windows, it
> will download and install the codec for you.. I couldn't find a standalone
not seems so

btw they provided demuxer&codec-in-one plugin so it's unusable with teh
current realcodecs support of mplayer... (it's not using the real codec
interface used by rv20..rv40 codecs. same issue as with rv10 codec)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team