[MPlayer-users] How to stop mplayer from centering video on s creen?

Sage sage at gypsycaravan.com
Sat Dec 28 21:13:04 CET 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 18:40, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Maybe mplayer knows more codecs, but xine sure scres higher on usability.
>
> i've never questioned it, even more, i said several times already that most
> of you users will be more happy with xine, it just click'n'worx while you
> have to RTFM and understand tech details for using mplayer...
> if you choosen mplayer, you'll get full control over the things happening,
> and if you control it well, you'll get more stability, less cpu usage,
> better image quality.
> it's fact - it explains why do these projects co-exists.
>

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

I don't have any problem with RTFM... the problem is that the
documentation does not mention anything about this particular problem.
When mplayer starts to play any video file, the video window gets
centered on the screen. Even if I have a playlist of several files, it
does this at the start of every file in the playlist. I want to know how
I can keep this from happening. Is there an option to stop this
anywhere?