[MPlayer-users] parsing error ?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Dec 28 18:57:09 CET 2002

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 12:51:05PM +0000, Nilmoni Deb wrote:

> Using recent (Dec 24) mplayer CVS.
>
> The following command fails:
>
> 1.	mplayer -audiofile file.mp3
>

> However, these commands work fine:
>
> 2.	mplayer -alang -audiofile file.mp3
>
> 3.	mplayer file.mp3
>

> I don't understand why -audiofile works only when used with -alang. After
> all, there's not any subtitle work involved in playing just audio streams.

*sigh* think about it for a sec. -alang requires an argument, so
-audiofile gets treated as its argument (and thus ignored).

> Also, if 3 works why do I need 1 at all ?

You don't, RTFM! -audiofile is not for playing audio-only files. It's
for using an external audio file with a movie, e.g. if you have
alternate languages for the movie in a separate mp3 file.

Rich