[MPlayer-users] Troubles with 3dfx banshee PCI

Olaf Marzocchi olaf_lists at virgilio.it
Sat Dec 28 00:57:02 CET 2002

I compiled mplayer with both the 3dfx options enabled (the ./configure help
wasn't very clear), but I cannot use the 3dfx or tdfx output for video (I
don't remeber the exact name: that box is disconnected from the Net and I'm
writing from a win box).

It seems that the appropriate device is not present in the /dev folder.
Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thank you
Olaf

Configuration: Celeron 400 chipset sis620, 224 MB ram cas2, 40 GB HD IBM
GXP 60, integrated audio CMI 8738, integrated ethernet davicom901A, PCI
Vodoo Banshee 16MB (plus the sis 620 integrated in the chipset, actually
disabled), LG 8080B CD-RW.
Mandrake 9 download edition.