[MPlayer-users] gmplayer detached viewing window with mga

roverr roverr at dogpound.is-a-geek.org
Tue Dec 24 17:36:02 CET 2002

I've got an odd problem with rc1 when I use gmplayer
and xmga/mga_vid (G450) as the output.
The window where the video plays is "disconnected" from
it window borders.  I can move the window border around but
the video still plays in the same spot on the screen.
Also I cannot use the right mouse button to get the
mplayer dialog.  The right mouse button only works when
there is no video playing.
I did not have these problem with xmga and any of the
pre releases, and the problem also goes away if I use
x11/Xv as the video output preference.

Since I'm having a hard time describing the problem,
I'm not certain whether someone else has reported it
yet or if this is a new bug I've hit.
A search through the mailing list shows some matrox users
asking about centering issues, but I don't think that
means they can't move the video window, just that it
starts in the middle of the screen.

I'll file a bug report if this isn't an already known
issue.

Thanks,
Gary