[MPlayer-users] Broken AVI, can I fix it?

Ed Fisher gleam at debacle.org
Tue Dec 24 11:57:02 CET 2002

Honestly, it sounds like the first hour and 14 minutes are all that
exist of the file.  My guess is that the last 160MB are zeros, or junk
data.  Probably zeros.

Good luck, but if mplayer, mencoder and nandub can't do it, you're
stuck.

-gleam

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 11:01:53AM +0100, Pat spake thus:
> Hi!
> I have broken avi.
> With option -idx mplayer is generating index until 62% and play first 1
> hour 14 minutes of the movie, then exit. The movie is two hours long. It
> has 700MB. I had try "mencode" it and then it was 540MB long, but only
> damn 1:14. I know is not mplayer fault (the best player on the earth),
> but maybe someone know how I can fix that avi.
> Tools for windows like virtualdub, nandub, aviedit waiting couple of
> hours (!) and then quit with 1:14 hours long movie.
> ---
> Greetings, PAT

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.