[MPlayer-users] bug report on the vesa:vidix driver

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Mon Dec 23 09:30:02 CET 2002

On 02.12.23 A.V.Kuznetsov pressed the following keys:

> This bug is due to mpeg12 codec is default for mpg/mpeg files
> but it is incompatible with vesa:vidix combination (xvidix works!).
> You can try
> -vo vesa:vidix -vc ffmpeg12
> this works for my ATI Rage128.

While we're at it, I have another problem with mpeg12 vs ffmpeg12:
When I play DVD on dxr3 with software reencoding and try to display
subtitles with the help of expand[1] I still get hard subs when
using mpeg12, and correctly rendered soft (nicer) subtitles when using
ffmpeg12.

Is there _any_ reason to prefer mpeg12 over ffmpeg12 in config files?

Robert

[1] -vop lavc,expand=-1,-1,-1,-1,1

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35