[MPlayer-users] Altivec IDCT & audio un-sync problem (ENGLISH)

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Mon Dec 23 09:26:02 CET 2002

On 02.12.23 Zsolt Kiraly pressed the following keys:

> Another problem is that audio keeps getting un-synced when playing
> dvds. The funny thing is that this is only a problem when playing a
> dvd. Rips come out perfectly synced. And VideoLan plays back dvds
> perfectly synced. Any ideas on this ?

Try with -delay -0.25. If it works better, then you've experienced the bug
that sits in mplayer for ages: mplayer has some serious problems with
dvd audio sync, always around this magic 0.2-0.3 sec.

Neither me nor mplayer authors know where this difference comes from.
Furthermore when you rip such DVD for example to AVI or OGM with ac3
sound, it plays perfectly well, with correctly synced audio.

Robert

PS. It is just the case for Angel season I dvds I'm ripping right now.
I have to use -delay -0.25 to play them from DVD, but rips work OK without
any audio correction.

PPS. Someone on this list mentioned similar constant audio mismatch for
different (i.e. non-DVD) MPEG2 stream.

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35