[MPlayer-users] Feature Request: Make vobsub understand "slang"

Ed Fisher gleam at debacle.org
Sun Dec 22 19:40:02 CET 2002

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 05:36:44PM +0100, Arpi spake thus:
> it was clear. probably you didn't understand me: the language codes for DVD
> subs are stored in the .IFO file. so it works only on DVD with .ifo file.
>
> so no way to get the index from language without the .ifo file _and_ the ifo
> parser (located in the dvdread library, not usable for vobsubs)

Are you sure?  I have a subpack here with only an idx and .sub file, and
mplayer -v lists country codes properly for all three subtitles in the
pack.

I can upload it if necessary.

-gleam

--
<Knghtbrd> learn to love Window Maker.
<Knghtbrd> a little NeXTStep is good for the soul.