[MPlayer-users] Feature Request: Make vobsub understand "slang"

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 22 17:37:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> I dunno if I made my request clear.
>
> Right now -slang en doesn't work with vobsub subtitles, but it does work
> fine with dvds.  Since vobsub subtitles are pretty much identical to the
> dvd subtitles, and since they can have multiple languages, I was hoping
> -slang en would also work for automatically choosing the english
> subtitles out of a multiple-language vobsub file.

it was clear. probably you didn't understand me: the language codes for DVD
subs are stored in the .IFO file. so it works only on DVD with .ifo file.

so no way to get the index from language without the .ifo file _and_ the ifo
parser (located in the dvdread library, not usable for vobsubs)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team