[MPlayer-users] Bug? DVD: self-made subtitles restart

Richard Körber m-mplayer at shredzone.de
Thu Dec 19 20:54:02 CET 2002

Hi!

I am trying to make self-made subtitles for my favourite DVD. To do so,
I was ripping the English subtitles from DVD into a .srt file, using
subrip. Then I translated the text in the .srt file to German.

Now I am playing the DVD using

   mplayer -dvd 1 -sub subtitles.srt

Which is working very fine so far...

But after about 1 hour and 5 minutes of playing time, the subtitles
start from the beginning of the file again (i.e. I am seeing the right
pictures, but I am getting the subtitles from the start of the movie again).

The time codes in the .srt file seem to be correct. I have also tried to
use other subtitle file formats, but the bug persisted.

So, is this bug known, or maybe somebody can reproduce it? Or am I doing
something wrong here?

I am using MPlayer 0.90rc1 (as available from the MPlayer home page).

I hope somebody can fix it, or help me to fix it, since I am really
looking forward to watch this DVD with German subtitles.

Thanks in advance! :-)

Regards
--
Richard Körber -- m-mplayer at shredzone.de --