[MPlayer-users] Re: Converting many types to MPEG1 (or rawrgb )

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Dec 18 18:44:02 CET 2002

Hi.

> Sorry Mosu; it won't work. "-dumpvideo" is an mplayer-only option,
> and "-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec:mpeg1video" are mencoder-only
> options. It looks like there's no way to tell mencoder to produce
> a raw MPEG1 file.

You misunderstood. I thought about first using mencoder the way you
used it. Afterwards you could try to extract the raw MPEG1 from the AVI
you just created with "mplayer -dumpvideo myfile.avi". Of course this
uses twice the amount of disk space, but that shouldn't be a problem
today. Extracting the video does also not take too much time - a couple
of minutes (up to five depending on file size, harddisk/network speed).

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)