[MPlayer-users] Gmplayer hangs

Peter da Silva peter at abbnm.com
Tue Dec 17 17:26:02 CET 2002

FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE
pcm0: <VIA VT8233A> port 0xe400-0xe4ff irq 3 at device 17.5 on pci0
Card        "S3 Savage4"

I didn't see either of these in the known-problems list, so I'll toss
them out for y'alls amusement.

Sometimes GMplayer seems to get almost autistic... the user interface
vanishes but it's still sitting there in the background hogging the
display and dsp. I have to explicitly hunt it down and kill it. I have
not had a chance to really track this one down, and it's hard to
reproduce. Is this a known problem?

If I launch GMplayer without a file, it maps the video and interface
windows but never renders anything in them... these black blobs just sit
there on the screen. This is absolutely repeatable. Is this expected
behaviour for a "passive" GMplayer or a known problem?