[MPlayer-users] mplayer and slave mode

Dennis Heinz 1152-141 at onlinehome.de
Tue Dec 17 15:09:03 CET 2002

Hello List,

i have a small problem with the mplayer and the slave function. I would like
to control the player via the slave function, but it did not work. The
commands i send over stdin are not evaluated. Inputs over the keyboard
function however. So, if if send "quit" nothing happend, but if i type "quit"
the player stop.

I am not a real C programmer, i use FreePascal under Linux. With the internal
function i#m able to start and control aother applications, but not the
mplayer. I can start the player but i can't control it. Perhaps someone can
say me, what I must consider with the slave mode" ?.

I uses the player with the following command

mplayer filename -slave -vo svga

Thanks in andance and regards,
Dennis