[MPlayer-users] Help with skipped frames...

Yiorgis Gozadinos gozadinos at cpat.ups-tlse.fr
Mon Dec 16 12:54:02 CET 2002

Hi,
I've been using mencoder with great results for more than a year. There are
however some dvd's I tried to rip, where I have a serious problem: During
audio OR video encoding ALL frames are skipped.  I use
nice -+19 cat *vob | nice -+19 mencoder -ovc frameno -o frameno.avi -oac
mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=128 -aid 128 -

which I suppose is more or less standard. Keep in mind that mplayer does play
fine the vobs from the hard disk...

I've seen that this has been reported before, but no answer... Has anybody
figured it out?
Thanks,
gg