[MPlayer-users] DVDs on my slow computer

Zorg kmaterka at wp.pl
Sun Dec 15 22:03:01 CET 2002

W liście z nie, 15-12-2002, godz. 21:13, Roland Häder pisze:
> > I'm a Linux user, but I must to have windows (parents, sisters) ;-((. In
> Show them Linux. There're also a lot good office systems out there. StarOffice
> e.g. has a good Microsuck importer (Word, Exel, Access, PP). Maybe you can
> try to change their mind on Linux when you show them how easy Linux can be?
I MUST have windows, becouse my parents have little firm, and they MUST
install program for windows (Płatnik), in Polish we have very stupid
politics ;-((. Płatnik is program ONLY for windows ;-(

> > windows I have PowerDVD - it's a program to play a DVD movies. It's cracked
> > version (illegal), so I say: "I won't to use a illegal soft, on MPlayer I
> Another reason for I completely switched to Linux: Mostly programs are GPL or
> OpenSource, so I don't need key-generators or illegal serialz anymore.
I know this, byt ... look up ;-(

> > can play a DVD!!!" But I have too slow computer for DVD playback (celeron
> > 466, TNT2, 192 MB RAM). PowerDVD decode on less quality, but it's work very
> Huh? 466 MHz is too slow? Have you tried with 16 Bits color deepth instead of
> 24 / 32 bits?
>
> Could be a nice idea to fall back on "lower" color bitrates.
But how?

> > well (I haven't "slideshow"). On xine I have more quality, it work speed,
> > but xine haven't very much options (e.g. chapters). Of course, MPlayer has
> > this options, but it's slowly ;-(( I use "-framedrop" (-hardframedrop isn't
> > good), "-cache 2048", but it's still slow. Without "-framedrop" MPlayer
> > lose A-V sync. (I saw different that I heard). How to decode on e.g. 16
> > bits? (like in the PowerDVD - probably). I use -vo xv (hardware
> Does all your glx and XFree86 loads perfectly?
Yes, I have corectlu instaled nVidia drivers

> > accelerate), and nVidia drivers. In xine in console output I get this:
> >
> > < cut >
> > video_overlay: error: object->overlay was not freed!
> > video_out : throwing away image with pts 13053300 because it's too old
> > (diff :2630 > 1800). video_overlay: error: object->overlay was not freed!
> > video_overlay: error: object->overlay was not freed!
> > video_out : throwing away image with pts 13406100 because it's too old
> > (diff :3916 > 1800). video_out : throwing away image with pts 13413300
> > because it's too old (diff :2132 > 1800). 200 frames delivered, 0 frames
> > skipped, 3 frames discarded
> > < cut >
> Even for me it looks like old XFree86 system? Upgrading to a newer one and
> taking the NV_KERNEL and NV_GLX from http://www.nvidia.com could also be a
> good idea.
I have a modem, and in Polish Interenet isn't cheap ;-(. I have Xfree86
4.1.0 and 1.0-29* nVidia.

> > That means, xine throwing away too old frames (MPlayer didn't throw away
> > this frames, so it lose the A-V synchronization). I didn't see options to
> > do this (-framedrop?) in man page and dokumentations.
> At this point I hope other guys from this mailing list may help you? :D
>
> > And question: How to play DVD movies on MPlayer on my computer?
> Sorry, I don't know. :(
;-((

> > PS. Sorry for my english, I still learning. ;-)
> Good, same for me...
:-)

--
Z uszanowaniem: