[MPlayer-users] new ALSA9 code

Vladimir I. Umnov samba at ezmail.ru
Sat Dec 14 19:35:02 CET 2002

Hello, mplayer-users.

1) This work better, but many bugs present. For example:
"-ao alsa9 -channels 6" don't work. But now work
"-ao alsa9:surround51 -channels 6". That's great!
But it must work with first format!!!
Ok, we can here all 6 speakers, but if u rewind, we hear some clicks
and some strange thing happens - sound moving between channels until
next rewind. This is surround!!! Sound moving with rewind from one
speaker to another?!!!

2) I have SBLive and I try to use emu10k1 driver from sourceforge,
but neither oss nor alsa oss emulation don't work with 6 channels!!!
Why?

3) Why "Surround" in alsamixer to influence to center speaker???
   In ALSA mailing list I can't obtain intelligible, clear,
   understandable, perspicuous answer! In oss driver in phorum I can't
   get any answer at all.

4) After that, I have question: why I purchase SBLive if want to use
it in Linux with full support for 6 channels? May be I have bad card?
I read many times all faq and installation notes. I try to setup my
card with howto's. But all of this don't work. I even try to use
latest kernel from 2.4 and 2.5 tree. I try to use different scripts
and so....
I pained now...

 Vladimir I. Umnov                         mailto:samba at ezmail.ru