[MPlayer-users] mencoder-v4l-tvcard capture audio squeal

James Lancaster james at kirk.math.twsu.edu
Sat Dec 14 00:21:02 CET 2002

On Friday 13 December 2002 08:30, you wrote:
> I am at a loss here. I have the pre10 release and when
> i use mencoder to caputer tv card all is fine. video
> and audio are fine on that machine only. If I then
> send that file to another machine, there is a SQUEAL
> in the audio. I just dont understand.

What is the other machines? (eg single or multiple)
I have an emu10k1 (sb512) which will squeal if the igain is up too high (or
did, I have been using btaudio (not quite as high a quality, but doesn't
require 2 sound cards for 2 tuners) Also, check to see if your cd input is
up, it has been known to cause static/squeals, etc in some (0.18 at least)
drivers, if it is not shielded very well.

The really wierd thing is that it does it on other computers (duh). Try (on
the other computers) setting everything except pcm and main to muted, that
way you can see if the interference is caused by that/those computers.

btw, what versions, etc etc etc