[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer port with quicktime support :)

D J Hawkey Jr hawkeyd at visi.com
Fri Dec 13 18:46:02 CET 2002

In article <20021210011506.61430.qmail_exxodus.fedaykin.here at ns.sol.net>,
	lioux at FreeBSD.ORG writes:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 02:06:09AM +0100, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>> Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
>> >Hi Folks,
>> >
>> >	Well, I've just watched 3 trailers ... guess what... IN
>> >QUICKTIME FORMAT. Lord Of The Rings 2 The Two Towers Trailer works
>> >like a charm.
>>
>> Yeah, I compiled a cvs-snapshot a few days ago, too. Sadly, it refused
>> to play a few divx's that worked with the port and had issues with
>> fullscreen-mode (KDE's kicker was always on top).
>
> 	They must have fixed those because I can use fullscreen
> with both DiVX and QuickTime movies under KDE without a glitch. :) KDE 3.0.5
> from ports in a -STABLE box.
> 	Also, I haven't had issues besides the forwarding in The
> Two Towers.
> 	It's looking like a fine release. :)

I built MPlayer-0.90rc1 from their source this morning after installing
qt6dlls.tar.bz2, qtextras.tar.bz2, rp9codecs.tar.bz2, and w32codec.tar.bz2,
also from their site. Didn't have to make any patches, though I have a
few here that I've been applying since MPlayer-20020124. I did have to
tell the configure script where the RealPlayer and QuickTime files lived
(I plopped 'em into /usr/lib/win32).

Have no problems with arrow keys and the two LOTR trailers, with either
gmplayer or mplayer. The "GUI window" doesn't increment the playback
indicator with QT (and some other I don't recall) files, but that's not
a new deficiency (I understand some codes won't allow it).

The OSD menu is really cool, but I haven't figured out how to toggle
things yet (ex: fullscreen mode). Navigating the menu works fine. Maybe
the OSD menu isn't ready for prime time yet?

[sheol] ~/tmp/mplayer/MPlayer-0.90rc1$ uname -a
FreeBSD sheol.localdomain 4.5-RELEASE-p23 FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p23 #0: Thu Nov 14 09:11:11 CST 2002     root at sheol.localdomain:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SHEOL  i386

Dave