[MPlayer-users] Sp5x Codec problem

Daniel Brewer d.brewer at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Dec 13 13:18:02 CET 2002

I am having problems playing with MPlayer movies that I have taken with
the GSmart mini 2 camera.  It uses the sp5x_32.dll codec.

This appeared to be suppported by 0.9rc1 so I copied the file across to
/usr/lib/win32 and gave it ago.
It seemed to load the codec fine but I got the following errors:
Error decompressing frame, err=-2

And this continually repeated just with different numbers at the end.
Also got a blank screen.

Searching through the lists I see that other people have this problem.
Has anyone fixed it?

I have tried copying the codec from the web, as installed on my windows
directory and from the win32 codec pack from 0.9pre7.  All to no avail.

Has anyone got it working at all?

If not how does one go about making a request/bug report.

Thanks

Daniel Brewer