[MPlayer-users] Getting DivX, QuickTime, windows media on Linux

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Thu Dec 12 16:18:02 CET 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 14:37, Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sorry for disturbing you.
>
> I have downloaded latest version of  MPlayer, i.e. v0.90rc1 .
>
> However, after I ran configure I found out that most of the codecs are
> not support on Linux.
>
> Is there anywhere a URL with a list of libraries I should download to
> run QuickTime and other codecs on Linux.

did you download the win32 codecs?

you need the win32 codecs package from www.mplayerhq.hu / download,

and to play quicktime, you need

www.mplayerhq.hu / download / more binary codecs / quicktime 5(or 6)
dlls

extract those dlls into $PREFIX/lib/win32,
that means usually /usr/local/lib/win32 or /usr/lib/win32

and run configure again

bye,
gabor

p.s: this is written in the documentation ( at least how to install
win32 codecs )

gpg key at www.keyserver.net