[MPlayer-users] Subtitles and -vop expand not playing entirely nicely

Ed Fisher gleam at debacle.org
Thu Dec 12 07:42:02 CET 2002

Here's the dilemma:  I'm using -vop expand to create letterboxes for the
subtitles to go on my 4:3 ratio screen.  I'm scaling the movie to
640x*** and then expanding to 640x480.  I have subpos set to 10, i have
"nooverlapsub" enabled.

However, when I play the movie, regardless of what format the subtitles
are in, any subtitles that go in the black area (the self-created
letterboxed area) are not cleared when they should be.

Instead, they stay on the screen forever, and more subtitles sit on top
of them, et cetera et cetera.  It goes on forever.

In other words, subtitles in movie playing area = fine, subtitles in
black letterboxed area = broken.

Also, when using -vo xv the expanded area is grey instead of black, so
i'm using -vo x11.

MPlayer CVS-021209-14:09-3.2.2 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon TB Thunderbird (Family: 6, Stepping:
2)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
gleam

--
The Ancient Doctrine of Mind Over Matter:
	I don't mind... and you don't matter.