[MPlayer-users] Problems with Xv (was: NODAEMON Sony Digital Camera)

January Weiner 3 jweiner1 at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Dec 10 09:50:03 CET 2002

> > 	I have troubles playing avi-files from my digital camera (that is,
> > simple avi, no funny tricks) using the xv video output.  Everything if fine
> > (albeit slow) if I use the -vo x11 option; however, in -vo xv mode, the
> > picture seems to be constructed of bright red, black and green rectangles of
> > different sizes.
>
> What videocard? What drivers?

Thanks for the interest.

You will laugh, but it is a Chipset & Technologies F65554, with only 2 MB
video RAM.  Now, this might not be the daemon of speed, but it seems to be
enough for most of my purposes (i.e. watching movies from my digital cam)
on my Slowshiba Portege notebook.  There seems to be Xvideo support (as
checked with xvinfo and from XFree logs; besides, mplayers *plays* the
movies with -vo xv option, albeit with funny colors).

What about other v.o.'s?  Now, -vo dga produces a blank screen. -vo sdl:dga
produces beautiful output, but upon exiting, crashes the X windows (Caught
signal 11, server aborting, X connection broken, explicit kill or server
shutdown, etc).  -vo vesa from root logged on a tty does get you almost
always a nice output, but slower then sdl:dga.

j.

Nowe badania wykazaly ze prawdopodobienstwo zarazenia sie plcia od rodzica
jeszcze na etapie zycia plodowego wynosi az 50%. [AJ]