[MPlayer-users] MPlayer and Quicktime

Karol Pietrzak kap4020 at osfmail.isc.rit.edu
Tue Dec 10 04:28:14 CET 2002

On Monday 09 December 2002 21:00, Andreas Boman wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 17:25, Nathan Murphy wrote:
> > So I compiled MPlayer with all the codecs and
> > went
> > about the business of attempting to play my Two Towers
> > trailer and ran into the same errors reported on the
> > list before.  I'm using the QT6 codecs.  However,
> > strangely enough, I discovered that if I play a Real
> > Video file from the command line once after I have
> > logged in as a user then I can play Quicktime files as
> > that user afterward, and they play perfectly.  Once I
> > log out, and log back in, I have to again play a Real
> > Video file to get MPlayer to play a Quicktime file
> > without erroring out.  gmplayer won't play either type
> > of file without creating the same error no matter what
> > I try to do.
>
> interesting, ill have to test this sometime..

Just for the record, playing RealMedia files does not fix the problem
for me.  No matter what (I've tried everything from running as root to
compiling for a 386), I get the following, as I stated before:

loader_init DONE!
Error no 12
VirtualAlloc(0x0x62800000, 3997696) failed
External func COMCTL32.dll:17
External func COMCTL32.dll:16
Unsupported QuickTime version (0x165b2c30)
InitializeQTML:268498899
ADecoder preinit failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(

Once again, playing RealMedia files does not fix the problem for me.
BTW, I'm using 2.4.19.

--
Karol Pietrzak <noodlez84 at earthlink.net>
PGP KeyID: 3A1446A0