[MPlayer-users] Problems compiling Multiple versions on my duron system.

Rando Christensen rando at babblica.net
Tue Dec 10 02:04:02 CET 2002

Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:31:31 -0700: Rando Christensen (Rando Christensen
<rando at babblica.net>):

> DOCS/bugreports.html] Mon, 9 Dec 2002 01:48:06 -0700: Rando
> Christensen (Rando Christensen<rando at babblica.net>):
>
> > This happens on pre10, cvs, and rc1.
>
> I've gone back and tested this on pre8, pre6, and pre5, as well. The
> error still exists on each.

Desperately clawing for an answer, I tried swapping out my cpu for a
brand new AMD xp 2100+ chip (If only i could keep it ;) in my msi kt333
(The errors happened with some asm that was labeled with 3dnow/3dnowex)
this may have been an error with my duron 1.2, (Although I know i
compiled it on my duron 800 without problem).

Still no go with the Same errors.

The specific function that's dying is this:
  TRANSZERO_3DNOW(x[0],x2k[0],x3k[0],x4k[0]);

The error, again, is this:
  imdct_3dnow.h:241: fixed or forbidden register 6 (bp) was spilled for
  class GENERAL_REGS.

There's two instances of this error, one on line 241 and one on line 267
of imdct_3dnow.h.

The third error is an error in the __asm__ __volatile__ that takes place
between lines 351 and 376 of imdct_3dnow.h. Although it's in a different
function, it's still the same error about the fixed or forbidden
register 6.

My original mailing has a full detail of the logs.

I know some C, but the asm involved in this is way over my head.

Interestingly, this still happens when i try --disable-3dnow and
--disable-3dnowex.

--
< There is a light that shines on the frontier >
<   And maybe someday, We're gonna be there.   >