[MPlayer-users] MPlayer and Quicktime

Nathan Murphy nathanmurphy333 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 9 23:59:03 CET 2002

So I compiled MPlayer with all the codecs and went
about the business of attempting to play my Two Towers
trailer and ran into the same errors reported on the
list before.  I'm using the QT6 codecs.  However,
strangely enough, I discovered that if I play a Real
Video file from the command line once after I have
logged in as a user then I can play Quicktime files as
that user afterward, and they play perfectly.  Once I
log out, and log back in, I have to again play a Real
Video file to get MPlayer to play a Quicktime file
without erroring out.  gmplayer won't play either type
of file without creating the same error no matter what
I try to do.

Its a signal 11 error in and audio and video codecs.
But MPlayer does in fact work here, only just after
some really odd actions.

Nate