[MPlayer-users] again GNOME2 and xv

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Mon Dec 9 08:28:02 CET 2002

Arpi wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>Hi,
>

>>Something recently changed again in mplayers cvs because todays version
>>no longer works properly in fullscreen with vo=xv. gnome2 panel is again
>>on top of mplayer window :/
>>

>could you try to fix it?
>(ye si know that reversing x11_common.c's last commit fix it, but the commit
>shouldn't break it, it only exchanged layer setting method of gnome1 and
>netwm, giving netwm higher priority)

Maybe we should add an option to force the preferred wm hints. The
problem is that for example Sawfish 1.0 claims to support NETWM hints
but it does only for a subset. For example it doesn't know the
_NET_WM_STATE_STAYS_ON_TOP hint. On the other hand, the "obsolete" GNOME
wm hints work.

--
Jindrich Makovicka