[MPlayer-users] mplayer-cvs: video ok, but no sound

Eric scorpion38ca at yahoo.ca
Sun Dec 8 03:26:02 CET 2002

Hi,

I have installed the lastest mplayer-cvs on my RedHat
8.0  system. I have also the version
mplayer-0.90pre10-fr1.i386.rpm I took from
http://psyche.freshrpms.net/

Actually, when I use the cvs to play a quicktime
movie, I get no sound! I did try with oss, sdl, plugin
but no luck.

Here is the message:

Requested audio codec family [qdmc] (afm=qtaudio) not
available (enable it at compilation!)
*** Try to upgrade /home/eric/.mplayer/codecs.conf
from etc/codecs.conf
*** If it still does not work, read DOCS/codecs.html!
Can't find codec for audio format 0x324D4451!

It says to check /etc/codecs.conf but I dont have this
file!

Any idea?

Thanks