[MPlayer-users] Controlled stream dump

Eduardo Trápani etrapani at unesco.org.uy
Fri Dec 6 15:18:04 CET 2002

I want to automatically dump a TV program broadcast with mms://.

The program begins at 02:00 GMT and ends at 03:00 GMT.  But
I have not found a way to do this automatically, though I tried:

a) using mencoder and -endpos.  For some reason the quality
of the dump file is poor compared to what I see with mplayer
and it hangs.  Really poor.

b) using mplayer and -slave.  The -slave mode does not work
with -dumpstream and I have no way to tell mplayer to stop,
short of killing it (that might work, but it does not seem
to be the right way to solve it).

Any ideas?  Is there a way to tell mplayer to play only so
much while dumping the stream?  Like -endpos for mencoder.

Eduardo.

PS: I'm using 0.90-pre10