[MPlayer-users] RFE:-autosubmask

Ing. Roman Polach artwine at seznam.cz
Thu Dec 5 14:59:02 CET 2002

Automatic loading of subtitles with the same base file name
as video file is fine thing, but unfortunately I have all
my subtitle files with different names - I have added "_cz"
suffix to their base name to indicate "czech" subtitle language,
because then can I have MORE subtitle languages to one video file.

May be more people would like this have so:
Could you implement something like "-autosubmask" option to mplayer?
e.g.

mplayer -autosubmask "%n.%e" myfile.avi
# tries to load myfile.avi + myfile.sub

mplayer -autosubmask "%n_cz.%e,%n.%e" myfile.avi
# tries to load myfile.avi + myfile_cz.sub or myfile.sub
# (first to last priority..)

Thanx

artwine