[MPlayer-users] About CVCD

Santiago Muelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Thu Dec 5 12:33:02 CET 2002

Hello,
Someone has given me recently, a CD with a movie and told me that it was NOT "VCD", nor "SVCD" but "CVCD". I saw the film on a standard DVD player at home and the quality was excellent. Also, I was quite surprised because the film, around 90 min. time in length, needed just one 700M CD.
Now, my question: anyone knows about this variant to VCD's, and if it is possible  to create it with "mencvcd" or something similar.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
--
Santiago Muelas
Profesor de Resistencia de Materiales y Cálculo de Estructuras