[MPlayer-users] How to check why mplayer freezes the system ?

James Lancaster james at kirk.math.twsu.edu
Wed Dec 4 09:09:02 CET 2002

On Tuesday 03 December 2002 19:55, you wrote:
> Hi,
> i have compiled the CVS from 04.12.2002 with the newest CVS version of
> ffmpeg.

version: cvs as o fa few hours ago

> When i play a video (SVCD bin file) and seek forwards and backwords it
> sometimes happends that my system (SuSE Linux 8.1 on AMD Athlon 1200MHz,
> 512 MB, VIA KT133 chipset) is freezing. Only a hardwarereset helps.

hw: dual p3 coppermine 800
Serverwerks LE chipset
RedHat 8
gcc 3.2
Voodoo3 2000 PCI

> How can i find out why this happends ?

Not absolutely sure this is the same thing, but on console (-vo fbdev
w/tdfxfb) playing a file (rm rencoded to mpeg4 by mencoder) seek and lockup.
Computer was up (ssh in via Zaurus), and what it appeard to do was lock the
keyboard.

Does anyone know a magic way to get linux to look for/at the keyboard again?

Have used the console before, but not had it crash, so don't know if this is
typical when it does crash.

James L